Limber Slab Planting / French Drain

@Eikantoki I don’t believe so. Who are you trying to contact?

Hi Dan. Finished tree looks great. As far as the lone dead piece goes, perhaps rotating the front will eliminate the “oval” look.

On the slab building, why were you reluctant to drill holes? Possible damage to stone? The holes would both help with drainage and provide tie wire locations. The glued wires can pull off. Some of mine have over the years. I don’t think the French drains are necessary. The water will find its way out. The usual problem with stone plantings is the need to water more often rather than removing water. The slab will absorb a lot of heat. Using water to cool is a big issue in the summer.

If you click on Bill’s user name a menu will pop up and there’s a button that says message. You’ll be able to talk directly that way.

1 Like

Well that’s what I get for feeling all smart and such… lol! :wink: Limber pines are very dry trees and I was more concerned with water pooling in a couple of places on this particular stone than with the tree drying out occasionally. So far it has all worked quite well. But I hear you all and you’re probably right that I could have gotten along just fine with-out the drain holes.

On the stone, I was concerned about it splitting, but I have since drilled through several without any issue. I even had to drill a couple of holes in this stone after one of the epoxy wires busted loose.

As to the design, I hear you on the oval, but if I rotate even slightly I loose the tiny amount of movement in the trunk that I do have. I’d rather look at the oval from the dead trunk than a shaft-straight trunk on the tree. And I’m not willing to remove the dead trunk/history from the tree, so I’m stuck with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, still learning how to do things here. I believe I did contact BillBayou