Idk what this Japanese maple wants :(

I think leaf scorch can also happen if you water in the heat of the day and the leaves sit baking in the sun covered in water, but I also know that Ryan did a mini stream on debunking that, but I suppose climate, direct sun, and relative humidity all factor into that. Just my thought.

1 Like

Both of my maples only get morning sun. I’m just not good with maples.

1 Like

I think this year might be my first year I will get fall color and not leaf scorch on some of my maples.

But I probably just jinxed it by saying that.

1 Like

Is it still in that deep oversized pot with organic soil?

More than likely, it was overwatering, which caused root rot, which led to the root system being unable to support the foliage and you got leaf burn. (I did this to a Hornbeam several years back and found almost no viable roots when I extracted it from the muck).

Way over potting can be just as counter-productive as other issues that cause water/oxygen imbalance.

1 Like

I did repot it last year, but it’s still in the same container. My landscape maples have the same issue too. The nighttime temps here are typically only a single digit in degrees cooler than the daytime temps. Poor plants don’t get a break. :slightly_frowning_face: