Repotting season species order

Yay, top dressing.
Lessons learned:

• Don’t super compress your shredded moss bag as you’ll have to pull it apart again later
  • Definitely apply top dressing in an area with no wind. :weary:
  • Spray bottle misting to set it at first is a sweet pro strat taught to use by @ryan

1 Like

Can’t wait for the repotting season to start. :blush:

3 Likes

Nice pots…
My wife doesn’t let me keep bonsai pots in the dining room.
That’s where the weaving loom goes… yarn in basement; along with the dobby loom…
Still 25F ish, foot of snow here. Expect two more months till I can think about repotting. Preliminaty priority sequence-- new nursery pines into bonsai pots, big ponderous refresh, Japanese larch (when it flowers purple / almost green), large alpine fir, large Jaquie Ellerman elm (as it greens up-- major root reduction!), yada, yada, yada; until I run out of spring… big stuff first, then shohin and mame. Save beech for last.
This winter is odd. I expect spring will be early, summer hot and dry. Planting date palms for this spring…

2 Likes

I hear you. My girlfriend was away for a week, so I could for once get away with working on my trees in the living room. Now it‘s back to the basement For me too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My juniper is pushing new growth. Should I go ahead and pot it up? It’s currently in a nursery pot.

Larch buds popped before I even noticed that they were swelling. Time to put it in a root maker pot.

Added top dressing to it after this pic