Bonsai Halloween

Hello lovely community!

I wanted to start a thread for halloween/spooky bonsai and horticulture as we approach the holiday (I know its largely a Western holiday, but the idea is widespread). Feel free to post your spooky trees, your garden in fall color, or a pet in a costume (my personal favorite).

Anyone know what kind of vine I am wearing? It’s from my backyard!

4 Likes

Tried carving a spooky tree pumpkin this year but it’s tough to get all that fine ramification.

9 Likes

I tried this once too!! its very very hard!!! Props for the effort, Josh photographed the one I made my first year at Mirai

8 Likes

Halloween in the Midwest, Lots of green still left on the trees this year, but we are moving into our fall colors. Halloween is our favorite time of year.

5 Likes

I think this is what you are wearing. Variegated Algerian Ivy (Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo') - Garden.org

3 Likes

Spooky random find on the way home through the forested hill in London, UK and creepy but lovely colored branch of London Plane reaching into the darkness of bushes behind

:jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: carving last night.

6 Likes

Happy Halloween

3 Likes

Here is my contribution. Still needs lots of work on both the branches and the hollow trunk.
31Oct2021

6 Likes

Poison Ivy! …what I win?

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

No spooky trees but it so happens that my birthday falls on Halloween and this year I was gifted a pretty cool cake.

6 Likes

The trunk of my elm looks like an old tree in a haunted forest!

7 Likes

Happy birthday and many more.

1 Like